Willow Creek Quilts
Circle Sampler Block of the Month - 7 Months
Circle Sampler Block of the Month with Susan Madu of Modern Blended Quilts.
This is a monthly ZOOM workshop
What you will learn:
- Build/refine your quilter’s toolkit of essential skills to include curved piecing, freezer paper circles, inset circles and precise flying geese to add interest in your quilting projects.
- The wall hanging is a monthly sampler (7 months) with alternate grid layout finishing at 27” x 36” in size.
- Each block demonstrates a different quilting technique. We will be working to build your skills progressively, including:
- Two different techniques for machine sewn circles with no raw edges
- The choice of circle technique should “match” the size and application in your project
- Precise small flying geese blocks that finish at 1” x 2”
- Minimal waste gentle curves technique that is more than fun
- Understanding the impact of relative colors in three different color blocks
- Piecing and pressing techniques to increase the overall accuracy of your project
- Faced finishing and hanging sleeves techniques
- Circle Sampler pattern, delivered via PDF each month
- Fabric to complete the blocks (kits are available)
- Studio 180 tools - Magic wand and Wing Clipper
- Freezer paper – 6 sheets 8 ½” x 11”
- Fabric glue stick
- Acorn Easy Press Pen and Acorn Seam Align Glue
- Sewing machine (in working order and manual), sewing kit, cutting mat, rotary cutter and rulers (6 ½” square, 6” x 24” or 8 ½” x 24’, a 3 ½” square is helpful)
- You will receive a 10% discount on all class supplies that you purchase with us as a bonus while taking this course.
October 16, 2021
November 20, 2021
December 18, 2021
January 15, 2022
February 19, 2022
March 19, 2022
April 16, 2022
Price is the fee for all seven (7) months of the BOM workshop
Each class begins at 9:00 am on the scheduled day and will last from 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on the blocks we are covering that month.